The tagliatelle are produced by a trusted historic pasta factory with organic durum wheat semolina grown within the Camugliano estate. Processed in cold and vacuum, it guarantees a long conservation over time. Durum wheat semolina is rich in protein complexes and supports cooking well as it has an elastic and compact consistency. The lack of lipids in this type of pasta allows for perfect integration with all seasonings and makes it a fundamental dish of the Mediterranean diet. Contains gluten.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ESTATE OF CAMUGLIANO DI PONSACCO (PI)
The tradition of the Pisan countryside has it that the Villa di Camugliano was built by Duke Alessandro de Medici after 1532. Subsequently, it became the property of the Salviatis, the Gondis, Matteo Bottis, until it was confiscated by the Medici bank in the Scrittoio delle Possessioni. In the 1600s Filippo Niccolini, a Florentine patrician, bought the residence for 50,000 and his title of Marquis was changed by the Grand Duke to that of Marquis of Ponsacco and Camugliano.
He immediately took charge of the agricultural activity, increasing its production, and, as far as the villa was concerned, inspired by the layout of the Medici villas of the 16th century, he initiated important changes: the foundations were fortified with mighty containment walls, three of the four corner towers and the southern facade was enclosed by two wings: the granary and the stable to the west, the farm and the vat cellar to the east.
The most interesting internal parts of the estate are: the imposing central hall on the first floor, whose vault is frescoed by Angelo Michele Colonna, the loggia which recalls the one commissioned in 1655 by Filippo for the internal courtyard of his residence in Florence in via dei Servi, but also the beautiful church dedicated to San Filippo.
As far as the external spaces are concerned, however, it should be remembered that in 1640 the pomarium and the long cypress-lined avenue that leads from Pian di Cascina to the villa passing in front of the church of San Frediano were built. In the 18th century, however, the external stairs were added with the closure of the loggia. The lawn with the statue of Hercules by Giovanni Bandini in the center from the palace in Florence was surrounded by an exedra.
From this historical moment the villa has remained intact over time, thanks to the constancy and attention of the current owners. Today, this agricultural estate also produces excellent organic products, linked to the land, the flavors and the centuries-old tradition of the place.